Five reasons to celebrate Dads this Fathers Day!
We all know how hard Mothers work, but let’s not forget Dads too. Dads are sometimes portrayed as bumbling or incompetent in the media, but we know that so many Dads work so hard, not just in the workplace, but at home and as a Father to their children.
Here are 5 great reasons why we should celebrate the importance and value of Dads this Fathers Day.
- Studies have shown that when Fathers are affectionate and supportive it instills an overall sense of self-confidence and well-being in their children.
- Fathers influence how children make relationships.
- An active Father can increase a child’s emotional intelligence and problem-solving capabilities (Of course we know Mums do too!).
- Fathers are able to give a different perspective in answering children’s many questions.
- Children want to make their fathers proud and this promotes growth and inner strength.
It is important to have a special day to celebrate and reflect upon the relationship between father and child and show fathers that we appreciate all that they do for us.
When Father’s day was first beginning to be celebrated in the 1920s, the number one gift was a neck tie. This year, why not treat the special father in your life to some relaxation with our Dad pamper kit box? With hand wash, an aromatherapy candle, a lemon and pumice foot soap and two bars of delicious Montezuma chocolate, he is sure to feel special.
We also want to acknowledge in this post how many of us no longer have our Dads present in our lives or for some of us, Dad has never been present in our lives and in those situations, let’s celebrate the Mums and the Step Dads, the Foster parents and the Adoptive parents in our lives too!