Matcha green tea | 6 reasons why it’s so good for your skin?
Matcha is a specially grown green tea that has been powdered. Matcha is made from the tea plant Camellia sinensis. Tea cultivated specifically for Matcha is primarily grown in two Japanese regions: Uji in Kyoto and Nishio in the Aichi prefecture.
It is made with only the leaves of the tea plant and farmers shade the tea bushes for 20 -30 days before harvest to increase chlorophyll production and boost the amino acid content.
Because of this, Matcha has a greater amount of antioxidants than regular green tea. A diet high in antioxidants may reduce the risk of many diseases (including heart disease and certain cancers). Antioxidants scavenge free radicals from the body cells and prevent or reduce the damage caused by oxidation.
Oxidative stress can damage cells, proteins, and DNA, which can contribute to aging. It may also play a role in the development of a range of health conditions, including diabetes, cancer, and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s. The body naturally produces antioxidants to counteract these free radicals. Drinking Matcha green tea which contains high levels of antioxidants can help to reduce free radicals in the body.
It has several health benefits when it is drunk, such as promoting heart health, protecting the liver, and aiding weight loss. Matcha is the special tea that is used in the Japanese tea ceremony. It is also good for the skin and we love to use matcha in our face masks. Here are six reasons why it is so good for your skin:
- Matcha is very high in anti-oxidants – more than blueberries and spinach. Anti-oxidants in skin products are very good for combating inflammation and irritated skin.
- Matcha helps protect against UV damage and stimulates elastin production which helps to improve skin elasticity, adding volume to the skin and reducing the signs of aging.
- Matcha has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce the redness associated with rosacea and ache.
- Because we use matcha as a powder in our face masks, it helps to gently exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells.
- Matcha removes oil from the skin and slows the production of oils that lead to acne.
- Because it is made from a plant, it is one of the most natural skincare products available. It is suitable for vegans and gentle enough for all skin types.
We have mixed our matcha green tea face mask with kaolin clay which helps draw excess oil and impurities out of the skin, for extra pampering, purifying effect. We have also added chia seeds to keep the skin moisturised for longer. For a rejuvenating, hydrating, and toning experience, our matcha green tea face mask can be bought here.
Our Matcha green tea mask is included within our Pamper hampers for pregnancy and new mums, but can also be purchased separately. It is sustainably and eco-packaged using kraft board jars and comes in a powdered dry form that just needs a small amount of water added to it before being applied to the face. Relax, sit back and enjoy the anti-oxidation properties on your skin and neck.