The gift of new life is irreplaceable, whether it’s a friend, family or loved one that has given birth, or is expecting, you want to commemorate and celebrate their new bundle of joy.
Sometimes it can be difficult to know what exactly to get for them, maybe a card isn’t enough, but, a pregnancy hamper presents a perfect choice. In this blog, we at Mama Jewels will be answering the question “What is the best thing to give a pregnant woman?”
A good gift for any mummy-to-be should always contain something to help the expecting mum, whether that help makes her life a little easier, or just gives her an opportunity to relax, unwind and be stress-free.
Our hampers are a thoughtful present with a range of options suitable for anybody, we will tell you a bit more about our hampers, along with any other information you may need.
What is a hamper?
A baby hamper is a range of gifts specially selected for a newborn or their mother.
Items can range from clothing, toys and dolls, bibs and swaddle blankets, and even skincare items or bibs. The range is large, check out our blog for more information on gifts to include in baby hampers.
What to consider when it comes to baby hamper
- There are some parents who are very adamant that they do not want their baby to use a dummy or pacifier. Try and gauge the parent’s view on this if you are surprising them with a gift.
- Buy gender-neutral baby gifts if the expectant parents haven’t yet shared the baby’s gender or intend to raise the child as gender-neutral.
- A newborn baby’s skin is very sensitive, so any skincare or bath products should be free from toxic chemicals and should not irritate the baby’s skin.
- There is no need to gift bedding items such as heavy blankets, pillows or duvets for a newborn; these put the baby at risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), so they should never be placed inside a cot or Moses basket.
- If you are gifting a second-hand item, make sure it is safe, as used items may present a danger for a newborn baby.
An example of this is a used car seat that hasn’t been stored correctly or cleaned since it was last used, this lack of cleaning can lead to a buildup of dust and mould which can be harmful to anyone, especially newborns.
Are there any benefits for getting a hamper for a pregnant woman?
Staying mentally and physically healthy is even more important when a lady is pregnant. Providing your pregnant loved one with ways that she can relax and unwind is therefore essential for a happy mother and baby.
Whilst being pregnant is a wonderful time, it can result in lower levels of well-being for expectant mothers. With 1 in 4 expectant mothers saying they suffer from mental health problems such as stress and anxiety, the importance of encouraging some pamper time is clear.This will not just keep mum happy, but also baby, with some of the benefits of a calm pregnant lady being:
– Babies develop at a healthier rate if the expectant Mother is relaxed.
– You will be more likely to have a calmer baby when they enter the world with elements such as sleep and self-soothing coming more naturally.
We think that perhaps one of the biggest benefits is that expectant and new Mums feel special when they are not likely to feel like their normal selves.
Bringing a new life into the world is a truly amazing thing, and we believe that every Mother deserves to be made to feel like the superstar that they are. And one of the best way to make the mother feel good can be getting them a thoughtful gift, like our pregnancy hampers.
What is the best thing to give to a pregnant woman?
Our range of pregnancy hampers and gifts are sure to help and make the mum’s to be more relaxed, stress-free and well-rested. Here are a few options we have available.
Mummy Pamper Hamper Gift Box
We’ve perfected this beautiful box of Mama-to-be / new mummy goodies, with all-natural, 100% paraben-free, vegan-friendly, eco-friendly products to pamper yourself before your baby arrives.
Each gorgeous goody in this box is included, to help you ease away those symptoms and ensure you feel pampered.
This lovely eco-friendly gift box contains:
- Bump and baby shea butter balm for dry itchy skin and great for baby too. 100g jar
- Matcha green face mask for soothing facial breakouts. 45g (dry ingredients)
- Lavender bump and bath oil, for helping with lack of sleep and for an aching back. 100ml bottle
- Lavender sleepy soap for bathing and to aid sleep. 100g bar
- Natural hemp and avocado lip butter for dry lips which is great in labour. 15ml jar
- Lavender heart bath bombs to help you relax in the bath. 2 bath bombs
Each box includes a paper peony in your chosen colour which coordinates with the lip butter. Go for the colour Mummy-to-be would love most, or maybe if you know the gender of the unborn baby you could choose the colour most suitable.
All wrapped up in a beautiful coordinating ribbon-wrapped box, with a personalised gift card that can be posted directly to mummy-to-be or new mummy!
Pregnancy Self-care wellness box | vegan
A gorgeous box of loveliness to help you relax and unwind at the end of a stressful day.
Everything you need to create pampering and a feeling of wellness from the comfort of your own home.
Available in a variety of colours
This beautiful box of home spa pampering is 100% natural, 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
Your Pregnancy Self care wellness box | vegan | Mocha contains:
- Lavender self-heating eye mask
- Exclusive to Mama Jewels ‘Mama Journal’ A6, 48 page recycled paper notebook, with cute dotted paper design inside
- Avocado and hemp natural lip butter 15ml
- Lavender and Marjoram massage oil 100ml
- Lavender essential oil candle in a tin. 100g
- Personal message on gift card
- Gift box
All wrapped up in a beautiful ribbon-wrapped box, with a personalised gift card that can be posted directly to mummy-to-be!
Letterbox gift spa day in a box | vegan | mum to be pamper
We’ve designed this box for everyone that needs a day at home relaxing. It’s a gorgeous postal box of loveliness that any friend, work colleague or family member would love!
Everything they need to relax, release and feel like they are having a spa day at home.
Everything inside this box is also suitable for pregnancy and new mums as it contains products that have pregnancy-safe essential oils!
Believe us, they will love you for this gift!
100% natural, 100% vegan and cruelty-free and eco-friendly
- SPA DAY BOX CONTAINS:
- Lavender sensory eye mask with guided meditation music download
- Lavender & Bergamot oil body butter bar
- Montezuma’s organic vegan chocolate bars
- Lavender oil aromatherapy bath bombs
- Lavender aromatherapy natural soy candle tea light
- Pukka organic Feel New tea bags
- Personal message on gift card
- Gift box and wrap.
All wrapped up in a beautiful gift wrapped, with a personalised gift card that can be posted directly to your loved one.
To view our whole range click here to find the best gift for a mummy-to-be!
Curating your own hamper
You are the best person to decide what goes into a curated hamper. If you’re building it for your expectant friend, you can add some pregnancy essentials that will come in handy and you know they’ll love.
Curating a present for a new mum? Add in baby toys, breastfeeding journals and other goodies into your personalised gift box hamper and be sure she’ll want to keep it.
You don’t have to choose between great-looking gifts and those that will be useful for the receiver. Our curated hampers are perfect in both ways. Everything will be specially chosen for them.
Design for the occasion
Is it a baby shower, a celebration of the birth or maybe a religious ceremony? Or do you want to show your support to your friend who’s just found out she’s pregnant? When deciding on the contents in your gift basket, make sure they are suitable for the occasion.
Then choose a basket that can fit all the products you’ve hand-picked. Our custom hamper boxes for newborns and mums are available in three sizes to hold up to 11 gifts:
- Extra large
A personal touch
In addition to the contents, you can customise the way you’ll present your basket. Select the receiver’s favourite accent colour and include a beautiful message to write on your gift card. With these personal touches, your personalised gift box for baby & mum will certainly feel unique.
Packaged in wonderful magnetic kraft boxes, Mama Jewels products can pamper every mum and mum-to-be. Order a custom gift box hamper in the UK to elevate the moment for your loved one!
Want to just select a single gift? We have that option too.
Secure a gift for a mummy-to be today
We hope to have helped you by answering the question “What is the best thing to give to a pregnant woman?” Find out more about Mama Jewels by visiting our website here.
We sell a range of products and gifts for pregnant women and new mums to make the transition to motherhood easier and more comfortable.
Browse our collection of gift boxes and hampers on our website here.
Read more articles on our blog here.