Receiving a gift hamper can be such a wonderful surprise. Whether for a specific occasion or reason or just as a treat for a friend or a family member, they are always welcome. A few little presents in a beautifully presented box can really help to make someone feel appreciated and cared for.
There is such a wide variety of gift hampers that you are sure to find the perfect one for your situation. From food-filled hampers containing chocolates and treats to spa-themed boxes with lotions and facemasks inside there is a whole world of gift hampers to explore.
Because there is such diversity in gift boxes you should always be able to find the right one for the right person.
What makes a good gift box?
A good gift box is one that is suited to the person it is for. For example, if you are buying a gift hamper for a baby you want to make sure it contains gifts that are good for newborns. We can help with this with articles like ‘What Do You Put in a Baby Bundle?’ and ‘How Do You Fill a Baby Gift Basket?’
Go to the Mama Jewels blog to find articles to help you find the perfect gift box.
Overall the most important thing is to ensure you think about who your gift hamper is for and what they might really want or even need.
Why are gift boxes so great?
Gift boxes are such a wonderful way to give somebody a present. The huge variety of gift boxes means that there is one out there for any and every occasion.
They can be delivered anywhere meaning that you can reach the people you love wherever you are.
Hampers can be beautifully presented and are a great way to gift someone multiple little presents. You could choose a pre-existing hamper as it is, customise it or even create your own.
By choosing one that is already out together you can take the stress of choosing a present out of it. If you would rather though we can help you to create your own with the gifts we have available. You could also make your own, box and all. Read our article ‘How Do You Make a Simple Gift Box?’ to learn more.
How do you send a gift box?
To send a gift box you could either order one online to your house or make one yourself and then send it by post to the recipient. The other option is that you could order a hamper online to be sent directly to them.
What is the best way to send gifts?
If you are unable to see someone in person to celebrate an occasion or to offer a helping hand or even condolences, then a great way to send a gift is by ordering it online and having it sent directly to them.
This way you can show someone that you care even if you cannot see them face to face.
A particularly great choice is letterbox gift boxes as they do not require that someone be in to receive them. This is because as the name suggests they fit through your letterbox.
If for example someone is grieving but you want them to know you are there for them, you could send them a letterbox gift hamper so that they need not see anyone if they are not up for it yet but can still receive a little support.
How do you wrap a box for shipping?
A little bit of advice for wrapping anything to post it.
- If you have any sharp edges or strange shapes make sure to use a padded envelope.
- If there are any fragile items ensure that they are not touching each other or the sides of the packaging.
- Whatever box or your outer container should be strong enough for what is inside.
- Fill out containers if needed with bubble wrap, polystyrene chips or other similar materials.
- Seal all openings with tape.
- Flatten sharp edges with tape.
- Use a ‘fragile’ sticker if necessary.
- Put a contact name, address and phone number inside.
- Make sure to write a return address on the outside.
What are the different types of gift boxes?
There are a huge variety of types and designs of gift boxes. Ours usually come in different colours and some are customisable so that you can choose the perfect gift box. We break up our gift hampers into categories to help you choose the perfect one.
At Mama Jewels, we split our gift boxes into the following categories:
- Vegan Hampers
- Birthday Hampers
- Spa Wellness Hampers
- Care Packages
- Mother’s Day Hampers
- New Mum Hampers
- New Dad Hampers
- Mum & Baby Hampers
- Baby Gender Neutral Hampers
- Baby Boy Hampers
- Baby Girl Hampers
- Corporate Hampers
- Curate Your Own Hampers
Below are a couple of examples of the gift boxes we offer.
We’ve designed this box for everyone that needs a day at home relaxing. It’s a gorgeous postal box of loveliness that any friend, work colleague or family member would love!
Everything they need to relax, release and feel like they are having a spa day at home.
Everything inside this box is vegan, all-natural, and uses pregnancy-safe essential oils!
Believe us, they will love you for this gift!
100% natural, 100% vegan and cruelty-free, and eco-friendly
The spa day box contains:
- Lavender sensory eye mask with guided meditation music download
- Lavender & Bergamot oil body butter bar
- Montezuma’s organic vegan chocolate bars
- Lavender oil aromatherapy bath bombs
- Lavender aromatherapy natural soy candle tea light
- Pukka organic Feel New tea bags
- Personal message on gift card
- Gift box and wrap.
All wrapped up in a beautiful gift wrapped, with a personalised gift card that can be posted directly to your loved one.
Box size 16cm x 123cm x 0.22c
New Mum & Baby Gift Basket, Newborn Baby Hamper | Monochrome Miffy Nijntje
What a lovely way to treat both Mum and baby. Really beautiful and practical gifts to pamper both mum and baby. Everything in this gift box is eco-friendly and vegan-friendly.
Each box includes a paper peony in your chosen colour which coordinates with the lip butter. Go for the colour Mummy-to-be would love most, or maybe if you know the gender of the unborn baby you could choose the colour most suitable.
All wrapped up in a beautiful coordinating ribbon-wrapped box, with a personalised gift card that can be posted directly to mummy-to-be or new mummy!
The gift box contains:
- Gorgeous retro cord fabric authentic Miffy bunny – 23cm – suitable from birth
- Cotton baby bib
- Pineapple teething toy for baby
- Lavender Organic Baby soap – 100g bar
- Organic shea butter Baby and bump balm – 100ml jar
- Reusable memory box – 30cm x 23cm x12cm
- Matcha green Face mask – 45g (dry weight) jar
- Lavender Bump and baby massage oil – 100ml bottle
- Lavender heart bath bombs – 2 bath bombs
- Hemp and avocado lip butter – 15g jar
- Gift card with a personalised message
- Mama Jewels silicone and beechwood teething necklace – adjustable size
About Mama Jewels
Check out this link to win a gift hamper worth £75!
Mama Jewels is an independent gift box company, selling planet-friendly and vegan-friendly artisan gifts, to help make the transition to motherhood easier and more comfortable for pregnant mums and new mums.
Visit the Mama Jewels website here.
Contact us at 07720 890552 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to get in touch – we would be happy to help.