Our top ten pregnancy myths debunked | Mama Jewels
Welcome lovely pregnant ladies. If you’re a first-time mummy to be, then you are probably confused and scared half to death by some of the pregnancy advice out there?!
There are always well-meaning friends and relatives who will advise you about what you should and shouldn’t be doing, but are they always accurate?
Here are our top 10 pregnancy myths debunked:
• You can exercise during pregnancy – In actual fact it’s proven that fitter bodies can have easier labours, just take it easy and maybe leave that high-intensity HIIT training until after your 6-week postpartum check-up.
• You can dye your hair – Oh my word I should hope so. How can we ‘bottle blondes’ carrying looking so glam through pregnancy?!
• You don’t need to eat for two – but if you do, you’ll end up the size of a house! Only kidding, but in all seriousness, you don’t really need that many more calories than normal. About 500 that’s all.
• You can fly – indeed, but only up to about 30 weeks and then you’ll need to consult your medical team for advice.
• You can have sex – and sometimes, it’s better!
• You don’t have to glow all the time – Nope, you’re allowed to hide away in PJ’s feeling sick, frumpy and bloated. It’s temporary and you’ll probably be fine tomorrow!
• You might not have cravings – but then you might have some weird ones too. Don’t worry, everyone is different!
• You can eat sushi – just make sure it’s fresh and from a reputable source.
• You can touch cats (it’s the litter tray you need to avoid) – Great excuse to get the other half to clean out the littler tray for the next 9 months – Woo Hoo! Sweet compensation for being a designated driver for the duration of your pregnancy!
• Morning sickness can happen at any time of day – Oh and it does, sometimes morning, noon and night. Sorry I cannot lie – Ginger biscuits anyone?
Everyone is so different and having had three children, I can also vouch for the fact that each pregnancy is different too. Enjoy what you can and talk to your friends, family and healthcare practitioners for advice and to talk through any worries you may have.
#MamaJewels #maternity #motherhood #pregnantlife #babyontheway #inspirepregnancy #pregnant_world #preganantwithtwins #pregnantmom #preganatandperfect #pregnantandfit #pregnantwoman #pregnantmom #pregnantgirlproblems #pregnancy #babybump #family #inspirepregnancy #thebump #bump #mumtobe #pregnantlife #pregnantbelly #pregnancyproblems #preggo #preggers